Frequently asked questions.
How secure is the app and my information?
The Androscoggin Mobile apps provide direct links from your devices to Androscoggin Bank, without having to go through any additional browser or third- party applications, which is where most malicious attacks reside. Our mobile apps were built specifically for Androscoggin Bank and its clients. We use the industry's best practices to ensure that all information transmitted between your device and the Bank is completely encrypted.
How can I best keep my mobile banking safe?
- Download the app from reputable sources only, such as iTunes or Google Play, or the Amazon App Store.
- Make sure your password is unique and complex - use upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Protect your password.
- Never leave your mobile device unattended while using the mobile app.
- Use your phone’s or tablet’s built-in lock function.
- If you lose your phone or tablet, review your account activity and contact us immediately regarding any suspicious transactions.
- Always sign out after you're done using mobile banking.
How secure is Androscoggin Mobile?
Androscoggin Mobile employs industry best practices with regards to security. It has been assessed against industry security criteria by a number of independent system security experts. At a high level, Androscoggin Mobile offers the following security safeguards:
- Authentication - App users are authenticated for every interaction.
- Encryption - 128-bit encryption is used for all transactions, just like Online Banking.
- Fraud - Androscoggin Mobile uses mechanisms such as transaction validation and transaction reconciliation processes to detect fraud.
- Availability/Resilience - Androscoggin Mobile is protected against malicious attacks through software and server hardening measures.
- Audit Ability - Androscoggin Mobile provides full audit capabilities through event logs and event-based reporting.
Is there personal or financial information stored on my phone or tablet?
No, Androscoggin Mobile does not save any files with personal or financial information on your mobile device. That information stays strictly within Online Banking.
What if my phone is lost or stolen?
No one can access your account without knowing your password and, in some cases, your unique user name.
Can I add more than one phone?
Yes, you can enroll several mobile devices for Androscoggin Mobile.
What if my phone number changes?
If your mobile phone number changes, simply update your number in Online Banking under the Options tab (note: this only applies for the Smart Phone app).
What is the difference between Text Banking and Text Alerts services?
The Text Banking service allows you to request account balances, transaction history, and ATM and branch location information anytime from your mobile phone, whereas the Text Alert service sends automatic notices to your mobile phone with information regarding select activity when it occurs on your account.